Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Ancient Horse Riding - Why?

For our Winter Learning Journey / Holiday Programme, the website says "Imagine that you were alive 2792 years ago and invited to compete in the first ever ancient Olympic Games. Which of these events: running, wrestling, boxing, pankration, horse racing and pentathlon would you compete in?"

I chose horse racing, because it looks a lot more safer than the other types of sports, and I think having Horses involved with your job is awesome and I've never rode a Horse before, so it would be a good experience, and could be a good life lesson for me.













By Shannon

2 comments:

Willy L. said...

Hi Shannon,

My name's Willy, and I'm one of the commenters for the Winter Learning Journey. Until now I haven't come across someone that chose horse racing as their chosen sport. That's still good, though. I'd agree that horse racing is a bit safer than the other sports, especially pankration!

-Willy

Unknown said...

Hi Shannon,

Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey! We (Willy and I) are so glad that see that you have joined us this holiday and posted a number of great activity blogs for the programme. That's awesome!

I am really glad to see that you have chosen one of the less common sports for this activity. I think that your decision to select it because you have never ridden a horse before and think that it would be a good life lesson is really admirable. What a great attitude!

Keep up the great work and the positive, 'can do' attitude!

Cheers, Rachel

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.