Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Preparing for cross country

In preparation for Cross Country, Room 7 ran two laps around the Glenbrae School field, after warming up. While we were warming up, Room 10 was also running around the field, so I got a little bit excited that we'll be running with the oldest students in the school. It made me feel like I was in Room 10.

It was very cold this morning, the wind blew through my ears and I had goosebumps all over me. Most of us were terrified when we heard that we had to run twice around the field, because our school field is pretty big and we didn't know if we could do it. When we ran around the back of the field (near the soccer goal post), the field was muddy, our shoes got muddy too, but it'll be like that when we do cross country anyway.

Mrs Parker told us to just jog, because we needed strength for when we wanted to catch up to the others. If we speed at the beginning and not save any energy for the end, then we'll be really puffed out and we would end up falling all over the place. So I learnt not to waste all my energy zooming off and beating everyone, because it's about saving energy till the end, and that's what I did. At first I was terrified, but after I did the two laps... I wanted to do 20 more, because I felt refreshed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.